Online Privacy Statement
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) governs EQAO’s management of personal information. FIPPA requires the agency to protect the personal information in its possession.
The Information and Privacy Commissioner oversees government organizations’ compliance with the access and privacy provisions of FIPPA by investigating privacy complaints and hearing appeals regarding access decisions made by ministries or agencies.
SecurityEQAO’s security practices are continually evolving to ensure that the integrity and confidentiality of its online information and systems are maintained. The government uses up-to-date security safeguards to protect its networks and websites from misuse, alteration, copying, disclosure, damage, destruction, monitoring or unauthorized sharing of information. The government’s safeguards include the use of security software and encryption protocols and involve physical, technical and procedural controls to protect information behind our firewalls.
You can opt out of analytics activity by setting your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent and block analytics cookies if desired. Please consult your browser’s help menu for instructions. Visiting our website with analytics cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience. You may also use a VPN to access our site anonymously.
Google currently offers a free Google Analytics opt-out tool for Internet Explorer (versions 7 and 8), Google Chrome (4.x and higher) and Mozilla Firefox (3.5 and higher). Please note that deleting or disabling cookies may have consequences (e.g., deleting browser history).
Information that the EQAO collects via web analytics includes
- IP address of the electronic device used to access our website;
- the city and country where the IP address is based;
- the address of the website from which visitors came;
- the date and time of a visit to our website;
- the type and version of browser used to access our website;
- the name and size of files on our website opened or downloaded;
- keywords entered in our search engine; and
- pages of our website visited.
When you browse our website or download from it, our servers automatically collect limited amounts of information for traffic, monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed for operational trends, performance and for ways to improve our website. EQAO cannot identify you from this information.
Personal Information Provided for FeedbackYou may choose to provide us with personal information such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address if you wish to submit an e-mail message, comment, question or request. When you visit EQAO’s website, any personal information you provide will be used to respond to your message and/or provide you with the requested information. EQAO collects your personal information in this regard in accordance with section 38(2) of FIPPA. This section requires EQAO to collect only the personal information that is necessary for the proper administration of EQAO’s authorized business activities. All personal information that is collected, used or handled will be treated in accordance with FIPPA and any other applicable law at all times.
Questions?Questions or comments regarding these practices can be directed to the Director of Corporate and Public Affairs, EQAO, 2 Carlton Street, Suite 1200, Toronto, ON M5B 2M9 1-888-327-7377.
Notice of collection
- Developing and administering large-scale assessments and questionnaires;
- Providing individual results to a student, the student’s parents or guardians, school and school board;
- Summarizing student results in a way that can help the student, parents and educators plan for academic improvement;
- Providing information to the Minister of Education as required under the Education Act and Education Quality and Accountability Office Act; and
- Conducting education research to make recommendations to improve the quality and effectiveness of education in Ontario.