Period of Secondment: Up to three years
Posting Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 4:00 p.m. EDT
Applications are invited for the following positions at EQAO:
- English-Language Literacy Education Officer
- English-Language Numeracy Education Officer
The Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) creates and delivers online engaging curriculum-based large-scale assessments for students that lead to insights into their learning. EQAO is seeking dynamic individuals interested in working in a fast-paced environment using cutting-edge approaches to online assessment items and design. The agency’s continued modernization is part of an exciting mandate to contribute to the continuous improvement of Ontario’s publicly funded education system.
EQAO strives to hire educators who reflect the diversity of students in Ontario. We invite all interested individuals to apply, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized individuals, and persons with disabilities, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Education officers are responsible for working on the design, development, review and implementation of the assessments, as well as the related scoring and reporting, to ensure that all aspects of EQAO assessments, and the related materials and processes, are developed in accordance with The Ontario Curriculum expectations and best practices in large-scale language or mathematics assessment, and that, where appropriate, there is consistency across the assessments.
The preferred candidate will
- hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and Registration and be in good standing with the College and
- have a minimum five years’ teaching experience or equivalent demonstrated educational experience.
The preferred candidate will provide evidence of the following:
- knowledge of education theory and pedagogy;
- a deep understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion issues and how they impact student learning, performance and well-being;
- understanding of online assessment design, including the creation of engaging student-focused assessments that incorporate an enhanced user experience with technology-enhanced items and gamification;
- familiarity with large-scale assessment practices in general and specifically in relation to elementary mathematics assessments or the OSSLT;
- understanding of the relationship between large-scale provincial assessments and classroom assessments;
- a thorough understanding of The Ontario Curriculum, mathematics or language, as well as experience implementing it;
- relationship-management skills and an ability to develop and foster positive networks with a variety of stakeholders;
- proven initiative and effective skills in problem solving, collaboration and teamwork;
- demonstrated proficiency with technology;
- possesses leadership and presentation skills used to meet deadlines, manage projects and deliver training;
- good oral, written and electronic communication skills; and
- ability to read, speak and write in French is an asset.
EQAO MUST receive the following documentation in one document, or your application will not be considered:
- a letter of application identifying the position sought and granting authorization to contact references;
- a complete and up-to-date personal résumé or curriculum vitae;
- a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and Registration; and
- the names of two individuals who can provide a current professional educational reference, one of whom must be your immediate supervisor.
Work location: Remote work/2 Carlton Street, Toronto ON M5B 2M9
Written applications and supporting documentation will be received until 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 24, 2023.
Please put your cover letter, résumé and supporting documentation into one document.
EQAO Human Resources
E-MAIL: [email protected] or FAX: 416-325-0831
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.