On these social media channels, EQAO
- requires a valid user account for every comment;
- expects posted comments to be relevant to the section they are posted to;
- cannot commit to replying to all comments and/or moderating all discussion and
- welcomes disagreements and constructive arguments.
EQAO reserves the right to remove, in whole or in part, comments that are
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting or life-threatening;
- graphic, aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic in tone;
- suggestive of illegal activity;
- offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or otherwise abusive;
- not relevant to the discussion at hand;
- solicitations or advertisements;
- written in a language other than English or French;
- repetitive or spamming of threads or
- unintelligible, or otherwise inconsistent with the normal flow of discussion or the purpose of these social media channels.
Users acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from commenting on these social media channels.
Use of EQAO’s social media channels and their content is at the risk of the user. EQAO does not represent or warrant that social media channels will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the channels will be free of viruses or other harmful code. In addition, EQAO does not represent or warrant the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or appropriateness of the content contained on these social media channels or that any such defect will be corrected.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, EQAO recommends not including personally identifiable information in the body of your comment or post. Posts that include personal information or that identify a particular organization or person may be removed.
For questions or comments about a specific situation, contact EQAO at 1-888-327-7377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that by posting comments on EQAO’s social media channels, users are consenting to the collection of their personal information by EQAO. This information will be collected for the purpose of obtaining feedback on agency programs and policies and will be used to assess public views on issues related to EQAO and student achievement. EQAO will not disclose identifying information without users’ consent, unless required by law. For questions about the collection and use of users’ personal information by EQAO, please contact the agency’s privacy commissioner at 1-888-327-7377.
Terms of Consent and Release
EQAO and its employees, agents, appointees and independent contractors; Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Ontario; and Ontario’s ministers, deputy ministers, related entities, agencies, officers, agents, appointees, employees and representatives are not liable for any and all claims, expenses, demands, actions, causes of action and for any and all liability howsoever caused and by whomever caused, arising out of, but not limited to, the publication, distribution, modification, collection or disclosure of the comments made by users of EQAO’s social media channels.
It is the sole responsibility of the person choosing to use or participate in this forum to verify the accuracy and appropriateness of any information obtained herein. EQAO accepts no liability regarding the accuracy, completeness, security or reliability of the postings or any sites linked directly or indirectly to or through this forum.