Period of Secondment: Up to three years
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 4:00 p.m. EDT
The Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) is modernizing Ontario’s approach to large-scale assessment. The agency creates and delivers engaging and relevant assessments for students that lead to insights into their learning. EQAO seeks dynamic individuals interested in cutting-edge approaches to gathering and analyzing student achievement data. The agency’s transformation is part of an exciting mandate to contribute to the continuous improvement of Ontario’s publicly funded education system.
We are looking for an education officer to join the School Support and Outreach unit. This team leads the planning and delivery of training programs and advisory or support services to school and board teams. These programs and services provide responsive information to stakeholders and increase their knowledge and effective use of EQAO large-scale assessment data. Education officers also provide advice and recommendations to EQAO management on school support and outreach issues. Education officers would be required to travel across the province to support schools and school boards.
EQAO strives to hire educators who reflect the diversity of students in Ontario. We invite all interested individuals to apply, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized individuals, and persons with disabilities, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
The successful candidate will
- plan and deliver professional development programs and advisory services to school and board teams across the province. These programs support the administration of EQAO assessments and the interpretation of EQAO data and other evidence.
- provide educational expertise to schools and boards on the development and rollout of province-wide assessments.
- provide technical leadership, planning, coordination and educational expertise in the development and implementation of professional development programs.
- lead the development of strategies to support improved student achievement in literacy and numeracy in Ontario.
- develop and sustain positive relationships and networks with a broad range of education stakeholders and interest groups.
The preferred candidate will have
- a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and Registration and be in good standing with the College;
- a minimum of 5–10 years’ teaching or equivalent demonstrated educational experience and
- a valid driver’s license, as travel throughout the province is required.
The preferred candidate will provide evidence of the following:
- knowledge of education theory and pedagogy;
- familiarity with EQAO’s assessment frameworks and processes, and large-scale assessment practices;
- understanding of the relationship between large-scale provincial assessment and classroom assessments;
- a thorough understanding of The Ontario Curriculum;
- knowledge of the impact of EQAO assessment results on school policies, programs and professional practices;
- relationship-management skills and an ability to develop, foster and establish positive networks of educators and parents;
- experience delivering online learning programs;
- project planning, management and assessment skills;
- effective team-building and participation-management skills;
- superior presentation and facilitation skills to deliver professional development programs on the use of EQAO data;
- good oral, written and electronic communication skills;
- knowledge and understanding of EQAO reports and use of EQAO data in a school context to enhance student success; and
- proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel and Outlook); experience with data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI would be an asset.
EQAO MUST receive the following documentation in one document, or your application will not be considered:
- a letter of application identifying the position sought and authorization to contact references
- a complete and up-to-date personal resumé or curriculum vitae
- a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and Registration
- the names of two individuals who can provide current professional educational references, one of whom must be your immediate supervisor
Work location: Remote work/2 Carlton Street, Toronto ON M5B 2M9
Written applications and supporting documentation will be received until 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 24, 2023.
Please put your cover letter, résumé and supporting documentation into one document.
EQAO Human Resources
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.