Scoring supervisors are required for up to eight weekdays during three consecutive weeks. Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. without exceptions.
Role of Scoring Supervisors
Scoring supervisors will
- assist the scoring leader in the training and supervision of scorers to accurately score student responses to assessments of Ontario Curriculum expectations;
- oversee a small group of scorers (20 to 30) scoring a particular task or set of tasks;
- ensure that scorers consistently and accurately apply rubrics, scoring guides, scoring procedures and data-entry methods;
- ensure reliability, validity and productivity targets are met;
- ensure the security of all assessment or test materials, equipment and technology under their care at the scoring site;
- resolve issues throughout the scoring session and
- assist the scoring leader in the gathering of information to inform the writing of teacher strategies for instructional improvement.
Successful applicants will be
- knowledgeable about and experienced with the secondary school mathematics curriculum in Ontario;
- teachers with recent classroom experience in mathematics education;
- knowledgeable about and/or experienced with large-scale assessments (e.g., previous work with EQAO);
- able to demonstrate a track record of working collaboratively with others and
- able to score reliably using rubrics and anchor papers.
Successful applicants will possess
- in-depth knowledge of and experience with the applied or academic mathematics curriculum and students in the Intermediate/Senior Division (Grades 7 to 12).
Additional Information and Requirements
EQAO follows internationally accepted standards for large-scale assessment that differ in some ways from the practices and procedures for classroom assessment.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail as soon as possible and will be required to confirm their participation. EQAO regrets that it is not able to contact unsuccessful applicants or provide reasons for non-acceptance. We invite those not selected for their preferred session to reapply for upcoming scoring opportunities.
EQAO is an independent agency of the Ontario government with a mandate to ensure greater quality and accountability in the publicly funded school system in Ontario. EQAO provides accurate and objective information about student achievement and the quality of publicly funded education in Ontario.
EQAO collects personal information to fulfill its statutory objectives as described in the Education Quality and Accountability Office Act, Section 3. The collection of personal information and the protection of this information are specified in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Please ensure that the personal information you submit in this application is current, correct and complete. It will be kept secure and used by EQAO to verify your qualifications. By submitting an application, you give EQAO permission to contact the Ontario College of Teachers, your district school board or another past or present employer for the sole purpose of verifying the information submitted. EQAO reserves the right to disqualify an application, terminate any agreement and/or pursue legal action, without notice, if any information is found to be inaccurate.
Candidates selected to participate will be required to accept the Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement (provided below) during the confirmation process and will receive a hard copy at the activity for their records.
Candidates selected to participate will be required to complete the E-banking Consent Form, as all payments will be electronically delivered to their financial institution by direct deposit with remittance details sent by e-mail or mail. To ensure all payments and remittances are timely and accurate, we require banking information on the first day of the activity (please note that cheques will not be issued).
By applying for a position, you agree that you have read, understood and will comply with the aforementioned terms, conditions, privacy protocols and agreement.
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement