There is an Assessment Development Committee for each EQAO assessment program (the Assessments of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics, Primary Division [Grades 1–3], and Junior Division [Grades 4–6], the Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics and the OSSLT) in both English and French.
Each committee has six to 12 members. Members meet for a maximum of two days to review items before they appear on a test and to make recommendations that assist EQAO in revising the content of a particular assessment.
Role of Members
- work collaboratively with other members of the committee under the guidance of EQAO staff to ensure that the materials (items) for a particular assessment are appropriate to
– the age and grade of the students;
– the curriculum expectations being measured and
– the purpose of the assessment and
- make suggestions for the inclusion, exclusion and/or revision of materials.
Successful applicants will be
- knowledgeable about and experienced with The Ontario Curriculum;
- recognized leaders with expert curriculum knowledge about and recent classroom experience in literacy education;
- knowledgeable about and/or experienced with large-scale assessments (e.g., previous work with EQAO) and
- able to work collaboratively with others.
Successful applicants will possess
- experience with literacy across the curriculum and students in the Intermediate/Senior Division (Grades 7 to 12).
Additional Information and Requirements
Applicants must include a résumé (including references) with their completed application form.
The selection of candidates will be guided by the need for the balanced representation of the following:
- all parts of the province (north, south, east, west, rural and urban);
- teachers, administrators, subject experts and consultants with current intermediate and secondary school experience;
- expertise in assessment and evaluation and large-scale assessments and
- previous experience working with EQAO or other large-scale assessment programs.
EQAO follows internationally accepted standards for large-scale assessment that differ in some ways from the practices and procedures for classroom assessment.
If you are not selected, EQAO will keep your application on file for future consideration throughout the year.
EQAO is an independent agency of the Ontario government with a mandate to ensure greater quality and accountability in the publicly funded school system in Ontario. EQAO provides accurate and objective information about student achievement and the quality of publicly funded education in Ontario.
EQAO collects personal information to fulfill its statutory objectives as described in the Education Quality and Accountability Office Act, Section 3. The collection of personal information and the protection of this information are specified in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Please ensure that the personal information you submit in this application is current, correct and complete. It will be kept secure and used by EQAO to verify your qualifications. By submitting an application, you give EQAO permission to contact the Ontario College of Teachers, your district school board or another past or present employer for the sole purpose of verifying the information submitted. EQAO reserves the right to disqualify an application, terminate any agreement and/or pursue legal action, without notice, if any information is found to be inaccurate.
Candidates selected to participate will be required to accept the Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement (provided below) during the confirmation process and will receive a hard copy at the activity for their records.
Candidates selected to participate will be required to complete the E-banking Consent Form, as all payments will be electronically delivered to their financial institution by direct deposit with remittance details sent by e-mail or mail. To ensure all payments and remittances are timely and accurate, we require banking information on the first day of the activity (please note that cheques will not be issued).
By applying for a position, you agree that you have read, understood and will comply with the aforementioned terms, conditions, privacy protocols and agreement.
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement