The agency is dedicated to enhancing the quality and accountability of the education system in Ontario and to work with the education community. This will be achieved through student assessments that produce objective, reliable information, through the public release of this information and through the profiling of the value and use of EQAO data across the province.
- EQAO values giving all students the opportunity to reach their highest possible level of achievement.
- EQAO values its role as a service to educators, parents, students, government and the public in support of teaching and learning in the classroom.
- EQAO values credible evidence that informs professional practice and focuses attention on interventions that improve student success.
- EQAO values research that informs large-scale assessment and classroom practice.
- EQAO values the dedication and expertise of Ontario’s educators, their involvement in all aspects of the assessment process and the positive difference their efforts make in student outcomes.
- EQAO values the delivery of its programs and services with equivalent quality in both English and French.
- EQAO designs and implements a comprehensive program of student assessment within government-established parameters.
- EQAO advises the Minister of Education on assessment policy.
- EQAO develops and implements a provincial education quality indicators program.
- EQAO leads Ontario’s participation in national and international assessments.
- EQAO promotes research in best practices in assessment and accountability.
- EQAO reports to the Minister, the public and the education community on assessment and education issues and makes recommendations for improvement.